The dash cam has a very easy-to-use, intuitive app, that allows you to review and download footage directly to a smart phone or tablet, you can also adjust a wide range of settings to configure the camera to your liking. Parking mode will keep the camera on for some time after you switch the ignition off, adding yet further value to this already impressive camera.
Video Resolution & Quality
The Thinkware F750-1Ch dash cam uses a 2.19MP Sony CMOS camera and can record in full HD (1920 x 1080) at 30 frames per second. The video clips are saved as .mp4 and the quality is among the best available.
The sample video provides a good indication of the quality of recording you can expect, this is recorded in 1080p @30fps. Please note, YouTube compression can degrade picture quality, make sure you have selected the highest resolution that YouTube will allow you to watch it back in. This can be selected by clicking on the settings cog when watching the video.
The Thinkware F750 has four different recording modes and switched between them automatically. The first is continous recording, this occurs as soon as the engine starts.
Parking mode will be activated once the engine has been switched off. (Hard-wire kit required)
Incident recording is triggered when an impact is detected, saving a 10 second video clip of before and after the incident to ensure you have the evidence. Finally the F750 has a manual recording mode which is activated by pressing the REC button, this can be used to save a video of something that has occurred in front of you.
Thinkware F750-1Ch Recording Times
Recording in full HD @30FPS
|SD Card Capacity||Minimum Recording Times||Likely Recording Times|
|16GB||124 Minutes||218 Minutes|
|32GB||248 Minutes||438 Minutes|
|64GB||456 Minutes||876 Minutes|
Safety Camera Alerts
The Thinkware F750 dash camera has a built-in safety camera database that will alert you when approaching one of four types of cameras. Fixed speed cameras, red light cameras, average speed cameras and mobile speed camera zones.
The database has approximately 18,000 locations stored for the UK and is regularly being updated.
Note – for those that aren’t concerned with this feature, it can be disabled within the settings.
Built-in WiFi For Connecting A Smartphone or Tablet
The Thinkware F750-1Ch dash camera will allow your IOS or Android device to connect to it using WiFi in the same way you would connect to your home WiFi. Once connected you can use the Thinkware Dash Cam App to view the cameras live, review and download footage. Or adjust any of the numerous features that this camera allows you to configure
As a safety precaution the camera will stop recording once you have connected over the WiFi, the idea being that this will prevent anyone from using the app whilst driving. Obviously this won’t be a problem for most. Don’t worry if you are using the app prior to driving and forget to disconnect from the F750 it will automatically disconnect you after one minute of inactivity.<br>It is worth noting that if you are using the app the WiFi will remain on so long as there is activity.
Thinkware F750 Box Contents
The items below are included with every Thinkware F750 and come packaged with the dash camera. A quick start guide and warranty card are also included.
Thinkware F750 Technical Specification
- Brand – Thinkware
- Model – F750
- Front Camera – Yes, single channel
- Second Camera – No
- Screen – No
- HD/Video Resolution – 1080p 1920 x 1080
- Video Frame Rate – 30fps
- Codec – H.264
- File Format – MP4
- Video Playback – Via IOS/Android App or PC/Mac Software
- Viewing Angle – Diagonal 140°
- Sensor – Sony CMOS Sensor
- Internal Mic (Sound Recorded) – Yes, can be muted
- Memory Card Included – Yes, 16GB Micro SD Card Class 10
- Memory Capacity – 64GB SD Card Class 10
- WiFi – Yes
- Software – Dash Cam Viewer
- Software Compatibility – Windows/Mac
- Mobile App – Yes, Thinkware Dash Cam IOS & Android
- Speed Camera Alerts – Yes but can be disabled
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) – Yes but can be disabled
- Front Collision Warning System (FCWS) – Yes but can be disabled
- Removable Camera – Front Yes
- Internal Battery – No
- G-Sensor – Yes
- Parking Mode – Yes requires hardwire cable
- Photo Mode – No
- Built in GPS – Yes
- GPS Mapping – Yes
- Speed Stamp – Yes but only visible via software or app
- Auto Event Recording – Yes
- Auto start/stop rec – Yes
- Date/Time Stamp – Yes
- Overwrite Recording – Yes
- Manual Recording – Yes
- One Touch Formatting – Yes
- Tone Alerts – Yes
- Spoken Alerts – Yes
- Infra Red Night-vision – No
- Operating Temperatures – -10° ~ 60°C
- Waterproof – No
- Dimensions – 105.2mm (W) x 61.5mm (D) x 41mm (H)
- Manufacturer Warranty – Dash Cam 1 Year, SD Card 6 Months