Video Resolution & Quality
The Thinkware F50 records in full HD 1080P @ 30 FPS to provide some of the highest quality footage available from a dash camera. The 130° viewing angle ensures the camera captures an extensive view of the road ahead, which be used in case of an accident.
The sample video provides an indication of what the video will look like, be aware that YouTube compression can decrease the video quality so make sure that you have it set to the highest resolution.
Thinkware F50 Recording Modes
Continuous Recording– The F50 will begin recording automatically when the engine is switched on and will continue in this mode during normal driving conditions.
Event Recording– If the G-Shock sensor is triggered a 10 second pre and post-impact video clip is saved providing a 20 second clip of the entire event.
Manual recording– When the REC button is pressed a manual event is created saving the previous 10 seconds and following 50 seconds of footage.
Parking Mode– This is when the camera records when the ignition is off and the camera has been hardwired into the vehicle.
Parked Recording Mode
The Thinkware F50 has a brand new parking mode, which now consists of two settings Time-Lapse and motion detection. Please note that you can only have one of these modes active at a time.
Time-lapse– The F50 will record at 1fps when the vehicle is parked, this means you’ll be collecting crisp clear video many hours after leaving the vehicle. If the G-shock sensor is triggered a 6 minute 30fps video file will be created showing 3 minutes before and after the incident.
Motion Detection– The Thinkware F50 will only record footage if it detects movement near the vehicle then a 20 second video clip will be created, showing the 10 seconds before and after the movement was detected. The same will happen if an impact is detected.
Thinkware F50 Recording Times
|SD Card Capacity||Recording Times|
Through the use of the GPS antenna the camera is able to locate the vehicle and monitor the speed and direction of travel to provide court admissible evidence if an accident occurs.
With the additional Locking Case the F50 can become tamper proof. The SD card slot and power cord are inside the case. This ensures the SD card and the footage it holds can not be changed by un-authorised personnel and that the camera can not be unplugged.
The Thinkware F50 has two advanced warning systems, Lane departure warning system (LDWS) and Forward collision warning system (FCWS). For these features to be used the GPS needs to be working on the camera and the vehicle must be traveling a minimum of 30 MPH. These warning systems are optional and can be disabled in the settings menu of the Thinkware viewing software.
FCWS The driver is notified through an audible warning that the vehicle in front is slowing down or stopped to ensure that you do not have a rear-end collision.
LDWS An audible warning will be issued to notify the driver when the vehicle is leaving its lane.
In every box the following items come packaged:
- Brand – Thinkware
- Model – F50
- Front Camera – Yes
- Screen – No
- HD/Video Resolution – 1080p 1920 x 1080
- Video Frame Rate – 30fps
- Codec – H.264
- File Format – MP4
- Video Playback – Via IOS/Android App or PC/Mac Software
- Viewing Angle – Diagonal 130°
- Sensor – Sony Exmore CMOS Sensor 2.19 MP
- Internal Mic (Sound Recorded) – Yes, can be muted
- Memory Card Included – Yes, 8GB Micro SD Card Class 10
- Memory Capacity – 64GB SD Card Class 10
- WiFi – No
- Software – Thinkware viewer
- Software Compatibility – Windows/Mac
- Mobile App – No
- Speed Camera Alerts – Yes, With GPS Antenna Connected
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) – Yes
- Front Collision Warning System (FCWS) – Yes
- Removable Camera – Yes
- Internal Battery – No
- G-Sensor – Yes
- Parking Mode – Yes, requires hardwire cable
- Photo Mode – No
- Built in GPS – No
- GPS Mapping – Yes, With Additional GPS Antenna
- Speed Stamp – Yes, only visible via software or app
- Auto Event Recording – Yes
- Auto start/stop rec – Yes
- Date/Time Stamp – Yes
- Overwrite Recording – Yes
- Manual Recording – Yes
- One Touch Formatting – Yes
- Tone Alerts – Yes
- Spoken Alerts – Yes
- Super Night-vision – Yes
- Operating Temperatures – -10° ~ 60°C
- Waterproof – No
- Dimensions – 78 x 34 x 31.5 mm
- Manufacturer Warranty – Dash Cam 1 Year, SD Card 6 Months