Video Resolution & Quality
The F100 front camera records in full HD 1080P @ 30 FPS, with the rear camera recording in 720P HD. Both cameras have an 135° viewing angle, ensuring a comprehensive view of in front of and inside the vehicle is captured.
Thinkware F100 Recording Modes
Continuous Recording– The F100 will begin recording automatically when the engine is switched on and will continue in this mode during normal driving conditions.
Manual recording– When the REC button is pressed a manual event is created saving the previous 10 seconds and following 50 seconds of footage.
Event Recording– If the G-Shock sensor is triggered a 10 second pre and post-impact video clip is saved providing a 20 second clip of the entire event.
Parking Mode– When the camera is hard-wired into the vehicle it will go into parking mode once the ignition is turned off, providing you protection even when you are away from the vehicle.
Parked Recording Mode
The Thinkware F100 has a brand new parking mode, which now consists of two settings Time-Lapse and motion detection. Please note that you can only have one of these modes active at a time.
Motion Detection– The Thinkware F100 will only save footage if movement near the vehicle or an impact has been detected. A 20 second video clip will then be created, showing the 10 seconds before and after the sensor was set off.
Time-lapse– When in this mode, the camera will record at 1FPs for the duration of its parking mode. If the G-Sensor detected an impact a 6 minute 30fps video file will be created showing 3 minutes before and after the incident.
Thinkware F100 Recording Times
|SD Card Capacity||Front and rear||Front only|
|16GB||1.5 Hours||2 Hours|
|32GB||3 Hours||4 Hours|
|64GB||6 Hours||8 Hours|
The Thinkware F100-2CH ER has two advanced warning systems, Lane departure warning system (LDWS) and Forward collision warning system (FCWS). In order for these system to work, the vehicle must be traveling a minimum of 30MPH and the camera to have a GPS signal. You are able to disable the warning systems in the settings of the camera.
FCWS The driver is notified through an audible warning that the vehicle in front is slowing down or stopped to ensure that you do not have a rear-end collision.
LDWS- An audible warning will be issued to notify the driver when the vehicle is leaving its lane.
Through the use of the GPS antenna the camera is able to locate the vehicle and monitor the speed and direction of travel to provide court admissible evidence if an accident occurs.
By using the tamper proof case your cameras power cable and SD card can only be accessed by those who have the key. This ensures that crucial video evidence cannot be altered or deleted.
- Brand – Thinkware
- Model – F100 2Ch-ER
- Front Camera – Yes
- Screen – No
- HD/Video Resolution – 1080p 1920 x 1080 (front)
- Video Frame Rate – 30fps
- Codec – H.264
- File Format – MP4
- Video Playback – Via IOS/Android App or PC/Mac Software
- Viewing Angle – Diagonal 135°
- Sensor – Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor
- Internal Mic (Sound Recorded) – Yes, can be muted
- Memory Card Included – Yes, 16GB Micro SD Card Class 10
- Memory Capacity – 64GB SD Card Class 10
- WiFi – No
- Software – Thinkware viewer
- Software Compatibility – Windows/Mac
- Mobile App – No
- Speed Camera Alerts – Yes, with GPS antenna connected
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) – Yes
- Front Collision Warning System (FCWS) – Yes
- Removable Camera – Yes
- Internal Battery – No
- G-Sensor – Yes
- Parking Mode – Yes, requires hard-wire cable
- Photo Mode – No
- Built in GPS – No
- GPS Mapping – Yes, with additional GPS antenna
- Speed Stamp – Yes, only visible via software or app
- Auto Event Recording – Yes
- Auto start/stop rec – Yes
- Date/Time Stamp – Yes
- Overwrite Recording – Yes
- Manual Recording – Yes
- One Touch Formatting – Yes
- Tone Alerts – Yes
- Spoken Alerts – Yes
- Super Night-vision – Yes
- Operating Temperatures – -10° ~ 60°C
- Waterproof – No
- Dimensions – 78 x 34 x 31.5 mm
- Manufacturer Warranty – Dash Cam 1 Year, SD Card 6 Months