The SVC1080-LCA is a vehicle accident camera that is capable of full HD recording. In addition to this, the camera is equipped with a 3 Axis G-Shock Sensor that detects impacts but can also measure forces such as harsh braking and acceleration allowing you to asses the drivers behaviour. The SVC1080-LCA comes with a tamper resistant case and permanent wiring kit. This prevents the removal of the power and SD card which is only accessible with the provided key.
The camera includes alarm outputs for telematics integration.
Video Resolution & Quality
The SVC1080-LCA features a full HD, 170° lens to provide a comprehensive view of any incident. The SVC1080-LCA will record exactly what happened before, during and after an incident.
In continuous recording mode (1080P), The camera will begin to record when the system has booted up and will do so the entire time the unit is powered, as long as an SD card has been inserted.
However, if you change the resolution to 1080I or 720P you can have continuous recording and event recording. The SVC1080-LCA will create event files automatically based on these scenarios:
- Up to 10 G-sensor event files will be recorded if there is a shock.
- Up to 10 Panic event files will be recorded if the panic button is pressed.
- There will be continuous 1FPS recording when in parking mode.
Tamper Proof Design
The SVC1080-LCA features a locking cover and is designed for hard wiring into a vehicle. This prevents tampering and makes the unit ideal for both commercial and private vehicle use.
- Built in GPS receiver by UBLOX, the worlds leading manufacturer of GPS receivers, ensuring the highest accuracy for vehicle location and speed.
- Full Google Maps, Google Earth and Google Street View Integration
- Embedded 256 level Bosch G-Sensor for accurate reporting of G Force levels during an incident.
- Records Driving Style by continuously monitoring the effect of speed, acceleration, braking and steering on the vehicle.
- Built-in battery backup allows the unit to finish recording even if the power supply is interrupted during an incident.
Multi Award Winning Camera
This Multi Award Winning Camera is designed for use in Commercial and Heavy Duty applications and should not be seen as a low-cost dash camera. The camera features a lockable, tamper resistant case which prevents unauthorised access to the SD card or operating buttons.
Built-in to the camera is the latest low light Full HD fast refresh imaging sensor, a high accuracy Bosch shock sensor and Ublox GPS receiver. These elements combine to provide high quality recordings which include the location, speed and force of the incident.
Smart Witness SVC1080-LCA Recording Times
Recording in 1080P @ 30FPS
|SD Card Capacity||Minimum Recording Times||Likely Recording Times|
|16GB||124 Minutes||218 Minutes|
|32GB||248 Minutes||438 Minutes|
For our commercial customers, we recommend 720p @15FPS recording as this gives you 25 hours of recording time.
Smart Witness SVC1080-LCA Box Contents
The items below are included with every Smart Witness SVC1080-LCA and come packaged with the dash camera. A user guide and warranty card are also included.
Smart Witness SVC1080-LCA Technical Specification
- Brand – Smart Witness
- Model – SVC1080-LCA
- Front Camera – Yes, single channel
- Second Camera – No
- Screen – No
- HD/Video Resolution – 1080p 1920 x 1080
- Video Frame Rate – 30fps
- Codec – Smart Witness
- File Format – Encrypted/AVI
- Video Playback – Yes via analysis software
- Viewing Angle – Diagonal 140°
- Sensor – N/A
- Internal Mic (Sound Recorded) – Yes, can be muted
- Memory Card Included – No
- Memory Capacity – 32GB
- WiFi – No
- Software -A Smart Witness analysis software available
- Software Compatibility – Windows/Mac
- Mobile App – No
- Speed Camera Alerts – No
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) – No
- Front Collision Warning System (FCWS) – No
- Removable Camera – No
- Internal Battery – No
- G-Sensor – Yes
- Parking Mode – Yes requires hardwire cable
- Photo Mode – No
- Built in GPS – Yes
- GPS Mapping – Yes
- Speed Stamp – Yes but can be disabled
- Auto Event Recording – Yes
- Auto start/stop rec – Yes
- Date/Time Stamp – Yes but can be disabled
- Overwrite Recording – Yes
- Manual Recording – No
- One Touch Formatting – No
- Tone Alerts – Yes but can be disabled
- Spoken Alerts – No
- Infra Red Night-vision – No
- Operating Temperatures – -10° ~ 60°C
- Waterproof – No
- Dimensions – 88mm (W) x 50mm(D) x 50mm (H)
- Manufacturer Warranty – 2 years