The Lukas Qvia AR790 is one of the best cameras available, in terms of video quality. Both cameras record in 1080P full HD @ 30FPS, ensuring that any footage captured is clear enough to show exactly what happened in an incident.
The Qvia AR790 has four rcording modes, with each serving an individual purpose. The camera will automatically switch between these modes.
Normal recording- The camera will record in this mode from the moment the vehicle turns on. If there is no incident or the manual recording button is pressed then it will stay in this mode as long as the vehicles ignition is on.
Manual Recording- A button is present on this camera which enables you to save the footage in a different section of the memory to ensure that an incident is not missed. This can be useful if you witness any incidents such as road rage or dangerous driving that the camera would not usually pick up.
Parking Mode- The AR790 will also record whilst the vehicle is stationary. The camera automatically changes to this mode after detecting no movement for a short time. The camera will record until the vehicles battery drops below 12v, at which point the camera will automatically stop recording.
The Lukas Qvia AR790 also has Wi-Fi and GPS in built to the camera. This allows for the camera to record the vehicles location and speed for the footage. With Wi-Fi you are able to change the cameras settings as well as review or download previously recorded footage.
The AR790 also has three advanced warning systems, Lane departure warning system (LDWS), Forward collision warning system (FCWS)and Front Vehicle Start Alarm (FVSA). For these features to be used the GPS needs to be working on the camera and the vehicle must be travelling at least 30 MPH.
LDWS An audible warning will be issued to notify the driver when the vehicle is leaving its lane.
FCWS The driver is notified through an audible warning that the vehicle in front is slowing down or stopped to ensure that you do not have a rear-end collision.
FVSA An audible notification occurs when you are at a red light and the vehicle in front starts moving.
Lukas Qvia AR790 WD Box Contents
The following items come in the box wit every order:
- 1 x Lukas Qvia AR790 front camera
- 1 x Lukas Qvia AR790 rear camera
- 1 x Hardwire kit
- 1 x Mounting kit
- 1 x 16GB microSD memory card
- 1 x User guide
- Brand – Lukas
- Model – AR790 WD
- Front Camera – Yes
- Screen – No
- HD/Video Resolution – 1080p 1920 x 1080
- Video Frame Rate – 30fps
- Codec – H.264
- File Format – MP4
- Video Playback – Via IOS/Android App or PC/Mac Software
- Viewing Angle – Diagonal 135°
- Sensor – Sony Exmore Sensor 2.19 MP
- Internal Mic (Sound Recorded) – Yes, can be muted
- Memory Card Included – Yes, 16GB Micro SD Card Class 10
- Memory Capacity – 256GB SD Card Class 10
- WiFi – No
- Software – Qview
- Software Compatibility – Windows/Mac
- Mobile App – Yes
- Speed Camera Alerts – Yes
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) – Yes
- Front Collision Warning System (FCWS) – Yes
- Removable Camera – Yes
- Internal Battery – No
- G-Sensor – Yes
- Parking Mode – Yes, requires hardwire cable
- Photo Mode – No
- Built in GPS – Yes
- GPS Mapping – Yes, With Additional GPS Antenna
- Speed Stamp – Yes, only visible via software or app
- Auto Event Recording – Yes
- Auto start/stop rec – Yes
- Date/Time Stamp – Yes
- Overwrite Recording – Yes
- Manual Recording – Yes
- One Touch Formatting – Yes
- Tone Alerts – Yes
- Spoken Alerts – Yes
- Operating Temperatures – -10° ~ 60°C
- Waterproof – No
- Dimensions – /li>
- Manufacturer Warranty – Dash Cam 1 Year, SD Card 6 Months