The Thinkware F750 is a well thought out dash camera with many advanced, but also useful features. Those advanced features include lane departure and front collision voice warnings. Both of which would of went some way in helping the F750 claim the 2015 CES innovation award. Making it the first dash camera to win a major accolade.
However those warning systems are probably not what most are looking for in a dash camera, what may be more useful is the safety camera alerts. The F750 dash camera is capable of warning you if you are approaching red light, static & average speed cameras, it will also warn you if you’re approaching mobile speed camera hotspots.
There are many other features scroll down to see a detailed explanation of each.
Video Resolution & Quality
The Thinkware F750 dash cam uses a 2.19MP Sony CMOS camera and can record in full HD (1920 x 1080 both front & rear) at 30 frames per second. The video clips are saved as .mp4 and the quality is among the best available.
The sample video provides a good indication of the quality of recording you can expect, this is recorded in 1080p @30fps. Please note, YouTube compression can degrade picture quality, make sure you have selected the highest resolution that YouTube will allow you to watch it back in. This can be selected by clicking on the settings cog when watching the video.
The F750 dash camera has four recording modes and will automatically switch between continuous recording, which will start when you switch on the engine and parking mode (hardwire kit required) which will be activated once the engine has been switched off.
Incident recording will be activated when an impact is detected, automatically saving a 10 second video clip of before and after the incident to ensure you have the evidence. Finally the F750 has a manual recording mode which is triggered by pressing the REC button, this can be used to save a video clip of something that has occurred in front of you.
Thinkware F750 Recording Times
For both the front & rear cameras recording in full HD @30FPS
|SD Card Capacity||Minimum Recording Times||Likely Recording Times|
|16GB||62 Minutes||109 Minutes|
|32GB||124 Minutes||219 Minutes|
|64GB||248 Minutes||438 Minutes|
Safety Camera Alerts
The Thinkware F750 dash camera has a built-in safety camera database that will alert you when approaching one of four types of cameras. Fixed speed cameras, red light cameras, average speed cameras and mobile speed camera zones.
The database has approximately 18,000 locations stored for the UK and is regularly being updated.
Note – for those that aren’t concerned with this feature it can be disabled within the settings.
Built-in WiFi For Connecting A Smartphone or Tablet
The Thinkware F750 dash camera will allow your IOS or Android device to connect to it using WiFi in the same way you would connect to your home WiFi. Once connected you can use the Thinkware Dash Cam App to view the cameras live, review and download footage. Or adjust any of the numerous features that this camera allows you to configure.
As a safety precaution the camera will stop recording once you have connected over the WiFi, the idea being that this will prevent anyone from using the app whilst driving. Obviously this won’t be a problem for most. Don’t worry if you are using the app prior to driving and forget to disconnect from the F750 it will automatically disconnect you after one minute of inactivity.
It is worth noting that if you are using the app the WiFi will remain on so long as there is activity.
Thinkware F750 Box Contents
The items below are included with every Thinkware F750 and come packaged with the dash camera. A quick start guide and warranty card are also included.
Thinkware F750 Technical Specification
- Brand – Thinkware
- Model – F750
- Front Camera – Yes, single channel
- Second Camera – No
- Screen – No
- HD/Video Resolution – 1080p 1920 x 1080
- Video Frame Rate – 30fps
- Codec – H.264
- File Format – MP4
- Video Playback – Via IOS/Android App or PC/Mac Software
- Viewing Angle – Diagonal 140°
- Sensor – Sony CMOS Sensor
- Internal Mic (Sound Recorded) – Yes, can be muted
- Memory Card Included – Yes, 32GB Micro SD Card Class 10
- Memory Capacity – 64GB SD Card Class 10
- WiFi – Yes
- Software – Dash Cam Viewer
- Software Compatibility – Windows/Mac
- Mobile App – Yes, Thinkware Dash Cam IOS & Android
- Speed Camera Alerts – Yes but can be disabled
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) – Yes but can be disabled
- Front Collision Warning System (FCWS) – Yes but can be disabled
- Removable Camera – Front Yes
- Internal Battery – No
- G-Sensor – Yes
- Parking Mode – Yes requires hardwire cable
- Photo Mode – No
- Built in GPS – Yes
- GPS Mapping – Yes
- Speed Stamp – Yes but only visible via software or app
- Auto Event Recording – Yes
- Auto start/stop rec – Yes
- Date/Time Stamp – Yes
- Overwrite Recording – Yes
- Manual Recording – Yes
- One Touch Formatting – Yes
- Tone Alerts – Yes
- Spoken Alerts – Yes
- Infra Red Night-vision – No
- Operating Temperatures – -10° ~ 60°C
- Waterproof – No
- Dimensions – 105.2mm (W) x 61.5mm (D) x 41mm (H)
- Manufacturer Warranty – Dash Cam 1 Year, SD Card 6 Months