Video Resolution and Quality
The BlackVue DR900S-2CH front camera has an 8MP Sony CMOS sensor allowing for resulting in 4K (3840×2160) @ 30FPS video recording, the rear camera records in 1080P full HD @ 30FPS. This places the D900S at the top end of the pile for image quality among dash cameras. Due to the improved image sensors, the BlackVue DR900S records crystal clear images during both day and night providing court admissible evidence of any incident.
You might be thinking that unless you have a 4K monitor, what’s the advantage? Well even on a standard monitor as the one you are likely using now. The zoom as shown in the video below is extremely effective.
The BlackVue D900S has four different recording modes and automatically switches between them based on what is happening.
Normal– The camera will record in this mode once the ignition is switched on and will stay in this mode until an event occurs or the ignition is switched off.
Parking– When the camera has not detected movement over a 5 minute period it will go into parking mode, only saving videos if an impact or movement is detected.
Event– When a significant change is detected by the cameras G-Sensor a 60 second video file will be created.
Manual– If you see an incident such as road rage, dangerous driving or an accident not involving your vehicle you can manually create an event file by using the proximity sensor on the end of the camera. This will then mark the video file as an event allowing you to easily find the footage later.
BlackVue DR900S Recording Times
|SD Card Capacity||Front and rear||Front only|
|16GB||1 Hour||2 Hours|
|32GB||2 Hours||4 Hours|
|64GB||4 Hours||8 Hours|
|128GB||8 Hours||16 Hours|
GPS– When there is a GPS signal, the vehicles location and speed data will be recorded, with the option to have your vehicles speed data overlaid on the video footage. When reviewing footage on the desktop viewing software you are able to track your vehicles journey accurately with a google map.
Wi-Fi– By connecting your mobile or tablet to the BlackVue DR900S you are able to view the camera live, change the settings and review previously recorded footage. By connecting your camera to a Wi-Fi network you are able to use the BlackVue Over the Cloud service.
BlackVue Over the Cloud
When using BlackVue’s Over the Cloud service you can remotely connect to your camera allowing you to live view footage, backup video files, access real-time tracking information and receive emergency notifications, all from your mobile or tablet.
Video back-up– Securely store your important video files by backing them up to the cloud, ensuring the files you need are available to access easily when required.
Mobile Notifications– When you have paired your mobile device with the camera you will receive a notification if the camera detects an event.
Two-way voice communication– You are able to have a conversation with someone through the dash cameras in built microphone and speaker.
BlackVue DR900S-2Ch Box Contents
The items below come in every box, along with a users guide and warranty card:
- BlackVue DR900S front camera
- BlackVue DR900S rear camera
- Cigarette socket power cable
- Front to rear camera coaxial cable
- Adhesive Pads
- Cable Clips
- Micro SD Card and reader
BlackVue DR900S-2Ch Technical Specification
- Brand – BlackVue
- Model – DR900S-2Ch
- Front Camera – Yes
- Second Camera – Yes
- Screen – No
- HD/Video Resolution – 3840×2160 (front), 1920 x 1080P (rear)
- Video Frame Rate – 30FPS
- File Format – MP4
- Video Playback – Via IOS/Android App or PC/Mac Software
- Viewing Angle – Diagonal 162° (front), 129° (rear)
- Sensor – Sony CMOS Sensor (front) Sony STARVIS CMOS Sensor (rear)
- Internal Mic (Sound Recorded) – Yes, can be muted
- Memory Card Included – Yes, 16GB Micro SD Card Class 10
- Memory Capacity – 128GB SD Card Class 10
- WiFi – Yes
- Software – BlackVue Viewer
- Software Compatibility – Windows and Mac
- Mobile App – Yes, BlackVue IOS & Android app
- Speed Camera Alerts – No
- Removable Camera – Yes
- Internal Battery – No
- G-Sensor – Yes
- Parking Mode – Yes, requires hardwire kit
- Built in GPS – Yes
- GPS Mapping – Yes
- Speed Stamp – Yes but only visible via software or app
- Auto Event Recording – Yes
- Auto start/stop rec – Yes
- Date/Time Stamp – Yes
- Overwrite Recording – Yes
- Manual Recording – Yes
- One Touch Formatting – Yes
- Tone Alerts – Yes
- Spoken Alerts – Yes
- Infra Red Night-vision – No
- Operating Temperatures – -10° ~ 70°C
- Waterproof – No
- Dimensions – 115mm (W) x 35mm (D)
- Manufacturer Warranty – Dash Cam 1 Year, SD Card 6 Months