Video Resolution and Quality
The new Sony CMOS image sensor allows the DR900S to record in 4K Ultra HD. This improved image sensor means that your camera will capture high quality and detailed video files. As well as the Ultra HD video quality, the DR900 has an 162° field of vision which provides a comprehensive and accurate view of any incident that happens in front of the vehicle.
The BlackVue DR900S will switch between the following recording modes based upon what is happening with the vehicle.
Normal– From the moment the ignition is on and the camera boots up it is is normal recording mode, it will stay in this mode until an incident occurs or the camera goes into parking mode.
Event– A 60 second video file is created and saved in the events section of the memory when the G-Sensor detects a significant change.
Manual– You are able to manually create an event file using the cameras proximity sensor, this can be used to capture incidents such as dangerous driving or road rage.
Parking– The DR900S will go into parking mode after no movement has been detected in a 5 minute period. It will only save videos if an impact or movement is detected when in parking mode.
BlackVue DR900S Recording Times
|SD Card Capacity||Front and rear||Front only|
|16GB||1 Hour||2 Hours|
|32GB||2 Hours||4 Hours|
|64GB||4 Hours||8 Hours|
|128GB||8 Hours||16 Hours|
GPS– This allows the vehicles location and speed data to be recorded. You can choose to have your vehicles speed data overlaid on the video footage. Using the viewing software you are able to track your vehicles journey accurately with a google map.
Wi-Fi– When you have connected a smart device to the DR900S you are able to view the camera live, change the settings as well as review and download previously recorded footage. By connecting the BlackVue DR900S to a Wi-Fi network you are able to use the BlackVue Over the Cloud service.
BlackVue Over the Cloud
When using BlackVue’s Over the Cloud service you can remotely connect to your camera allowing you to live view footage, backup video files, access real-time tracking information and receive emergency notifications, all from your mobile or tablet.
Video back-up– Securely store your important video files by backing them up to the cloud, ensuring the files you need are available to access easily when required.
Two-way voice communication– You are able to have a conversation with someone through the dash cameras in built microphone and speaker.
Mobile Notifications– When you have paired your device with the camera you will receive a notification if the camera detects an event.
BlackVue DR900S-1Ch Box Contents
The items below come in every box, along with a users guide and warranty card.
- BlackVue DR900S front camera
- Cigarette socket power cable
- Spare Adhesive Pad
- Cable Clips
- Micro SD Card and reader
BlackVue DR900SS-1Ch Technical Specification
- Brand – BlackVue
- Model – DR900S-1Ch
- Front Camera – Yes
- Second Camera – No
- Screen – No
- HD/Video Resolution – 3840×2160
- Video Frame Rate – 30FPS
- File Format – MP4
- Video Playback – Via IOS/Android App or PC/Mac Software
- Viewing Angle – Diagonal 162°
- Sensor – Sony CMOS Sensor
- Internal Mic (Sound Recorded) – Yes, can be muted
- Memory Card Included – Yes, 16GB Micro SD Card Class 10
- Memory Capacity – 128GB SD Card Class 10
- WiFi – Yes
- Software – BlackVue Viewer
- Software Compatibility – Windows and Mac
- Mobile App – Yes, BlackVue IOS & Android app
- Speed Camera Alerts – No
- Removable Camera – Yes
- Internal Battery – No
- G-Sensor – Yes
- Parking Mode – Yes, requires hardwire kit
- Built in GPS – Yes
- GPS Mapping – Yes
- Speed Stamp – Yes but only visible via software or app
- Auto Event Recording – Yes
- Auto start/stop rec – Yes
- Date/Time Stamp – Yes
- Overwrite Recording – Yes
- Manual Recording – Yes
- One Touch Formatting – Yes
- Tone Alerts – Yes
- Spoken Alerts – Yes
- Infra Red Night-vision – No
- Operating Temperatures – -10° ~ 70°C
- Waterproof – No
- Dimensions – 115mm (W) x 35mm (D)
- Manufacturer Warranty – Dash Cam 1 Year, SD Card 6 Months